Heritage Program Coordinator, Patapsco Heritage Greenway
Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s mission is to preserve, protect, and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco Valley. We seek to reach out mission through a robust environmental stewardship program, expanding recreational opportunities, and managing the PVHA. We seek a part-time Heritage Program Coordinator to join our team, based in Historic Ellicott City, MD.
The Heritage Program Coordinator will work closely with PHG staff on programs designed to support our partners and increase Heritage Tourism within the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area. This includes the PVHA Mini-Grant program, MHAA Non-Capital and Capital Grant program, PHG Sponsorships, and professional development opportunities that we create and host.
Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrated interest and experience with history, heritage tourism, and/or museums. Motivated, flexible, problem solver with an ability to work on a team or individually to complete projects in a timely manner.
Skillsets We Are Seeking:
Candidates with a background in public history, dedicated to inclusive history, and an understanding of the history relevance campaign.
Candidates with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates who have worked with grants administration or grant writing.
Candidates with graphic design, communications, or public relations experience.
Candidates with a strong understanding of best practices in museums, parks, non-profits, and trails.
Candidates interested in continuing their professional development and increasing their skillsets.
*We understand that there will be no single candidate who encompasses all of these skillsets and we encourage applicants who have one or more of these skillsets. *
Working for PHG:
Patapsco Heritage Greenway focuses on creating a positive work environment and offers the following benefits with this position:
- The position is grant funded at $16-$18 per hour
- 20-hour work week.
- We provide a cell phone stipend for staff who use their phone for work.
- We offer the opportunity to opt-in on health insurance and a retirement savings programs.
- We provide reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Our office has a flexible schedule, with some opportunity to work remotely.
- We work hard to create a team atmosphere. Everyone is approachable, lines of communication are open, and we participate in quarterly team building exercises.
- Staff has access to company vehicle for work events.
- We strongly encourage and provide some funding for professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, brief writing sample, and resume to Lindsey Baker, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by C.O.B. August 23, 2019
For the job description, visit here.