Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator (part-time)
Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s (PHG) mission is to preserve, protect, interpret and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco Valley. We seek to reach our mission through a robust environmental stewardship program, expanding recreational opportunities, and managing the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (PVHA), one of thirteen Maryland state heritage areas, in support of heritage tourism initiatives. We seek a part-time Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team, based in Ellicott City, Maryland.
The digital marketing and communications coordinator will help advance both PHG and PVHA brands and messaging. Responsibilities include developing and coordinating effective external-facing communications strategies and campaigns, growing both PHG and PVHA social media presence, online media engagement, creating and coordinating content for platforms including our website, social media, and email campaigns in collaboration with the executive director, program manager and program coordinators, as well as other marketing and public communications duties as assigned. This position is currently budgeted through FY22 (June 30, 2022) but may be extended pending performance, budget and candidate interest.
- A collaborative, motivated individual who is detail oriented, organized, and has excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and professional experience with digital marketing, web, social media and CMS platforms, including but not limited to WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite applications, Constant Contact, standard social media, and other marketing and communications applications.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, and accomplish tasks without continuous oversight
- College degree, although relevant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Baltimore County and Howard County communities.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to grow social media channels with meaningful content.
- Creates and edits website content in coordination with PHG staff and administers organizational website using CMS (e.g., WordPress) as well as coordinating with external contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Coordinates digital and online organizational messaging.
- Assists with marketing and messaging of PHG and PVHA heritage area programs.
- Assists with and coordinates the creation of digital reports, newsletters, maps and other born-digital publications.
- In coordination with staff, tracks and publicizes PHG-supported meetings, events, programs, projects, and activities, including public events, trainings, grant schedules, and more.
- Creates and manages a communications calendar in coordination with PHG staff.
- Assists with branding updates as necessary.
- Assists with webinars, online products and advocacy training as necessary.
- Provides support to the Board’s communications committee, as appropriate.
Working for PHG:
PHG focuses on creating a positive work environment and offers the following benefits with this position:
- Salary: $19/hour at 25 hours per week
- Vacation and sick leave, pro-rated based on full-time 40 hour/week position
- A cell phone stipend
- Access to a 403(b) retirement plan
- Support for and encouragement of professional development opportunities, including trainings, conferences and networking events.
- Reimbursement for work-related travel expenses.
- During the ongoing public health crisis, our team is working in a hybrid manner with a mix of virtual and in-person engagement, although we expect candidates to be located within driving distance of Ellicott City.
- We are a small organization and work hard to create a team atmosphere. Everyone is approachable, lines of communication are open, and we participate in regular team building exercises.
- Staff has access to a company vehicle for work events.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and list of 3 references in a single document to Aaron Shapiro, PHG Executive Director (email@example.com) by 5 PM Eastern Time on September 30, 2021. For more information about PHG and the PVHA, visit patapsco.org. If you have questions about the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.