- Catonsville, 1880 to 1940: From village to suburb
- Catonsville (MD) (Images of America)
- Ellicott City (MD) (Images of America)
- Howard County Pictorial History
- Guide to Building and Restoration in Ellicott City, Maryland by Jean O. Hannon (available at Miller and Central Libraries)
- Rambles in the path of the steam-horse : A general historical and descriptive view of the scenery, agricultural and mineral resources, and prominent features of the traveled route from Baltimore to Harper’s Ferry, Cumberland, Wheeling, Cincinnati, and Louisville (1855)
Preserve. Protect. Interpret. Restore.
The Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Inc. is dedicated to preserving, protecting, interpreting and restoring the environment, history and culture of the Patapsco Valley between Daniels and Elkridge, Maryland.
Natural processes, natural beauty, and history combine to create a unique opportunity for neighboring residents and visitors from across the state and beyond, to understand and enjoy Maryland’s most dramatic river valley. Through the efforts of many partners, the public appreciates the significance of the valley’s heritage, understands its history, and enjoys the experience it has to offer.