A network of beautiful recreational trails can be found within the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area. With their varying degrees of difficulty and access you are sure to find a perfect fit for your recreational preference. Click on the links below for more information about the trails including maps, elevation and photos.
- Trolley Trail #9 – a well rounded trail, with a paved trail surface, beautiful scenery and multiple connecting trails runs from Catonsville to Ellicott City
- Patapsco Paddle – The boat launch in Patapsco Valley State Park’s Daniels Area is a perfect spot to put-in for an upriver kayak paddle.
- The Sawmill Branch Trail – This trail connects the Hilltop Parking Area to the Grist Mill Trail, and several others along the way. This trail begins rather easy, but soon heads downhill and begins to get very technical.
- The Old Main Line Trail – This trail heads out from the Daniels Area of PVSP and is an easy, flat trail that features beautiful views as it follows alongside the Patapsco.
- The Pickall Trail – An excellent out and back trail that can be used for hikes of any distance with a multitude of connecting trails.
- Morning Choice, Barley and Hops, Log Trail Loop – This is a nice easy trip through several park areas. The trail is generally easy, although there are two stream crossings.
- The Rockhaven/Mill Race Trail – This is a beautiful little loop excursion that is just under 2 miles however there is some steep terrain in parts.
- Peaceful Pond Trail – Perfect for a small dose of nature in a short amount of time, the trailhead is located in the parking lot of PVSP Headquarters.
Preserve. Protect. Interpret. Restore.
Patapsco Heritage Greenway, the non-profit managing organization of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area, is dedicated to preserving, protecting, interpreting, and restoring the environment, history, and culture of Maryland’s most dramatic river valley for the enjoyment of all.